Move a license to a new server
How to activate a license on a new server?
You can activate your license on a new server. You don’t need to purchase a new one. Complete the following steps to use the existing paid license on a new server:
- Install a trial license on a new server.
- If you have user data on the old server, you need import them. Learn more in User import.
- Log into your Client area and in the license edit form enter the IP address of the new server.
- Update the license file in the control panel Help → About program → click on the button Update license or upload the license with the command /usr/local/mgr5/sbin/licctl fetch ispmgr — where ispmgr is a short name of the control panel.
How to change the license IP address?
- Log into ISPmanager Client area or to the client area of your license provider.
- Navigate to the ISPmanager licenses section..
- Select a license and click on it.
- In the form that will open enter the new IP address.
You can change the IP address yourself only once a month. If you have objective reasons to change it more often, please contact our Customer care department from your Client area.