Switching to ISPmanager 6
- What has changed in the partner program due to the renewal of ISPmanager 5 on legacy operating systems?
- How does automatic migration work?
- How to start selling ISPmanager 6?
- Will ISPmanager 6 Lite be blocked if the number of domains exceeds 10?
- What if customers with older operating systems do not want to migrate from ISPmanager 5 to ISPmanager 6?
- Why is EOL announced for ISPmanager 5?
- A user has purchased an ISPmanager 5 license, which is valid beyond EOL. What should be done?
- What is ISPmanager 6? How is it different from ISPmanager 5?
- Will the turnover discounts remain when I upgrade to ISPmanager 6?
- How to mass migrate from ISPmanager 5 and 4 to ISPmanager 6?
What has changed in the partner program due to the renewal of ISPmanager 5 on legacy operating systems?
Licenses for panels on legacy operating systems will remain valid after the end of ISPmanager 5 sales. That is why we are extending the validity of the ISPmanager 5 partner program.
Partner level and license discounts are fixed according to status and turnover for May 2021.
On October 1, 2021, the level will be revised according to the turnover of ISPmanager 5 licenses for September 2021. The discounts will then be reviewed at the beginning of each quarter.
The partner program for ISPmanager 6 is now active. To join the program, fill out one of two applications:
Important: ISPmanager 5 renewals do not count towards the turnover of ISPmanager 6.
How does automatic migration work?
Automatic migration will affect all active ISPmanager 5 licenses. The OS, on which the panel is installed, as well as the number of domains, will be checked. If the operating system is outdated and no longer supported, the panel will retain the ISPmanager 5 license. If the OS is supported, the license will change to ISPmanager 6 depending on the number of domains. The validity of the licenses will not change.
If auto-renewal is configured in ISPmanager, not only the license type will be changed, but the panel will also be updated.
After you automatically switch to ISPmanager 6, the system does not change the license validity period, but generates costs for an additional fee. The amount is calculated so that the new license is active until the same date as the previous license.
On June 1, the client purchased ISPmanager Lite with an expiration date until June 30 and paid 5 €.
On June 15, the client's license changed to ISPmanager Pro. For ISPmanager Lite, there is an unspent amount of 2.5 €.
The license changes to ISPmanager Pro for a month at the price of 10 €. The ISPmanager Pro license, similar to the previous one, should be valid until June 30 (half a month). Therefore, its cost for this term is 5 €.
However, the system takes into account the unspent 2.5 €. The cost of switching to ISPmanager Pro = 5 - 2.5 = 2.5 €
How to start selling ISPmanager 6?
Create a new integration with the billing system:
To configure integration with BILLmanager, enter Integration → Service processing module → Create. Create a separate service processing module for each type of service.
Select Product type - ISPsystem licenses
For integration into BILLmanager, use the client account that can buy licenses.
For reselling the License as an addon to the tariff:
For tariff plans with the "Virtual server" and "Dedicated server" type, the "Control panel license" addon is available.
The settings are described in the documentation:Reselling ISPsystem licenses through BILLmanager.
Will ISPmanager 6 Lite be blocked if the number of domains exceeds 10?
The panel will continue to work. The ability to create additional WWW domains will be blocked, and the user will not be able to create the 11th domain. Management of existing domains through the panel will remain available.
If the number of domains exceeds the license limit, then during the panel update, the user will see a warning about the need to change the tariff plan. The functionality of the websites will be available, while the background tasks will be disabled.
What if customers with older operating systems do not want to migrate from ISPmanager 5 to ISPmanager 6?
As of June 15, licenses for ISPmanager 5 Lite will cost 5 euros per month, and licenses for ISPmanager 5 Pro will cost 20 euros per month.
Annual licenses of these products are calculated on a monthly basis. In this case, technical support is not provided, and no updates are released.
For customers whose operating systems have reached their EOL, we offer to migrate to a newer operating system and ISPmanager 6. This will allow to enjoy the latest updates and extended functionality of ISPmanager 6, as well as safer and more stable operating systems.
Why is EOL announced for ISPmanager 5?
Product development is the goal of any software company. The launch of ISPmanager 6 makes the support of previous versions unnecessary. Each updated version is an improved version of the previous generation of software. In developing the product, we are guided by the needs of users.
The main difference between product versions is the elaboration of platform functionality, higher performance and security. More details on the range of modifications are presented in the roadmap
To make the migration to ISPmanager 6 as seamless as possible, we set a timeframe for customers to complete the migration. Therefore, technical support for ISPmanager 5 will be available until the end of 2021.
A user has purchased an ISPmanager 5 license, which is valid beyond EOL. What should be done?
Contract our technical support — we will solve the problem on an individual basis.
What is ISPmanager 6? How is it different from ISPmanager 5?
ISPmanager 6 is the new version of the popular panel. The main directions in which the product develops:
- Improved interface;
- Proactive error elimination system;
- Monitoring system
- Modern tools for developers
- Support for popular CMS
To learn more about the functionality of ISPmanager 6, go to in the roadmap.
Igor Kuzmin, Product Owner of ISPmanager has presented the first update of June 15 in his article "What to expect from ISPmanager 6"
Will the turnover discounts remain when I upgrade to ISPmanager 6?
Discounts on turnover are maintained for partners who have confirmed their status. To do this, fill out one of the questionnaires:
From June 15, for companies that have not confirmed partner status, discounts will cease to accrue.
How to mass migrate from ISPmanager 5 and 4 to ISPmanager 6?
To automatically convert your customers' ISPmanager 5 licenses into ISPmanager 6 licenses:
1. Notify customers about the change of tariffs.
2. f you use BILLmanager for resale, update your control panel to the latest stable or beta version. Read more in Update.
3. Configure reselling of ISPmanager 6 licenses. Read more about reselling via BILLmanager in Reselling ISPmanager 6 licenses via BILLmanager, via WMHCS in Reselling ISPsystem licenses via WHMCS, via API in Reselling ISPmanager 6 licenses via API..
For a correct transition, configure all plans available for ordering and those for which customers have active services for their ISPmanager 5 licenses. Before you switch to ISPmanager 6 licenses, the tariff plan settings should be as follows:
- ISPmanager 5 licenses are available for ordering;
- price is specified for ISPmanager 6 licenses.
For ISPmanager 5 Lite plans, specify three prices: for ISPmanager 6 Lite, ISPmanager 6 Pro, and ISPmanager 6 Host.
4. At the pre-agreed time, ISPsystem will start the migration procedure. The duration depends on the number of active licenses ranging from 5 minutes to 1-2 hours. As a result, the licenses will be migrated to ISPmanager 6 tariffs. Changes will affect only active services with a validity period of one month or one year. The new tariff depends on the ISPmanager version and the number of WWW domains created:
- ISPmanager 5 Lite up to 10 domains — ISPmanager 6 Lite;
- ISPmanager 5 Lite оfrom 11 to 50 inclusive — ISPmanager 6 Pro;
- ISPmanager 5 Lite over 50 — ISPmanager 6 Host;
- ISPmanager 5 Business — ISPmanager 6 Business.
The auto-renewal settings and expiration dates for each license will remain unchanged. An additional fee is required to switch to ISPmanager 6 tariff plans. The amount of the additional fee depends on the type of tariff plan and the number of days before the license expires. The ISPsystem billing system will automatically create an expense for the required amount.
The transition will only affect control panels running on Debian 9, Debian 10, Ubuntu 16, Ubuntu 18, Ubuntu 20, CentOS 7, and CentOS 8. The rate for control panels with other operating systems will not change because of migration. The service renewal period for control panels running on legacy operating systems will not be limited by December 31, 2021.
5. After the migration procedure is complete, disable the ability to order ISPmanager 5 licenses separately or as a part of other products in the billing system settings.
- If you use BILLmanager to resell licenses, the control panel tariff plans will change automatically.
- If you use WHMCS or have configured reselling via API, manually connect the license IDs for which the tariff changed to the new rates after the migration procedure is complete. The list of license IDs is available upon request.