ispmanager will no longer support Debian 9 Stretch from June 30. This is due to the end of life of the OS. EOL for Debian 9 is scheduled for June 30, 2022 - from that date the developers will stop supporting the OS, including security patches. Vulnerabilities in Debian 9 that could pose a threat to projects may appear after that date. If you are using Debian 9, we strongly recommend that you move your data to a server with an up-to-date OS version.
What will happen if you continue to use Debian 9 on a server after June 30?
ispmanager will continue to work as before, but you will not receive security updates and operational patches with fixes. Any threats will have to be handled without technical support, only with the help of the Debian 9 user community. In such a situation, your online project may be at risk. We strongly recommend that you use a current OS version.
How to check the OS version
Connect to the server via SSH and run the command:
cat /etc/*-release. If it is Debian 9, we recommend that you
reinstall ispmanager to the current OS.
If you do not have access to the server, contact your hosting provider to check the OS version.
How to move to a supported OS
1. Make a full backup of the server where ispmanager is installed.
2. Install a trial version of the panel on a "clean" server with a supported operating system. For ispmanager Lite, Host, Pro these are:
- AlmaLinux 8;
- CentOS 7;
- Debian 10, 11;
- Ubuntu 18.04;
- Ubuntu 20.04 (recommended);
- VzLinux 8.
For ispmanager Business these are:
- AlmaLinux 8 (recommended);
- CentOS 7.
3. Transfer data from the old server to the new one. See the documentation article "Importing a user" for details:
4. Change the IP address of your license in the Client area. Specify the IP of the new server under ispmanager licenses. You can find the instructions in the documentation:
Important: Do not update the operating system on a server used in heavy-duty non-stop operation as this will lead to data loss.
More than 35 000 people are already reading us
Save 10% on ispmanager purchase and select your newsletter!
Choose from Ispmanager news, beginner web dev, advanced web dev, or suggest your option. Subscribe for exclusive discounts and knowledge!
Thank you for your interest in ispmanager newsletter!
An email has been sent to your email address: asking you to verify your subscription.
Right after confirming the mailing address, we will send you the promised discount.
*If you did not receive the email, please check that you have entered your mailing address correctly and try filling out the form again.