You can buy SSL certificates for IP addresses from us. This is useful when the binding to the domain name is not relevant (for example, for testbeds). Positive SSL certificates are issued by Sectigo, formerly Comodo.
Here's a quick memo on how to buy an IP certificate from us:
- Enter your Client area.
- Add Sectigo (ex Comodo) Positive SSL certificate to your cart.
- When filling out the application, enter your IP address in the "Domain" field.
- Be sure to select the certificate verification method — by hash file.
- If your website is already running on HTTPS, note this in the order when selecting the validation method.
Let us find out more about how to order a certificate below.
How to buy IP-validated SSL certificates in ispmanager. Step-by-step instructions
A Positive SSL certificate from Sectigo protects a single IP address. It can be released for a period of one or two years. It takes a few minutes to get it.
1. Enter your Client area under Goods → SSL certificates. Press Order and select Sectigo (ex Comodo) Positive SSL certificate. Press Properties. The application form will then open.
Fill out an application. In the Domain field, enter the IP address for which you want to obtain the certificate.
3. A key will be generated at the next step. By default it will be saved in the client area. For more security, you can check the "Do not save the key in the system" — in this case, save the key in any text file. Press Next.
4. Enter contact information in the form and press Next.
5. In the next step, Certificate Confirmation, select the hash-file check. This is mandatory for certificates that are issued for an IP address. The hash file is a text document that should be placed in the root directory of the website.
If your website is accessible via HTTPS, be sure to check this box when ordering - otherwise the certificate will not work correctly. This is because hash files are different for HTTP and HTTPS websites.
6. Complete and pay for your order. Done!
You will receive the certificate files and data for its confirmation by email. This information will also be available in the client area. To open it, double-click on your order (under Products → SSL certificates).
In the window that opens, you can view information about the SSL certificate and download its files.
For the certificate to work, you need to install SSL on the website and pass verification. by placing a hash file in the root directory of the website.
SSL installation lifehack
If you use ispmanager to manage your websites, you can install an SSL certificate there. We have prepared a manual for this purpose:
More than 35 000 people are already reading us
Subscribe and get 2 Euro for the purchase of our services as a gift!
Thank you for your interest in ispmanager newsletter!
An email has been sent to your email address: asking you to verify your subscription.
Right after confirming the mailing address, we will send you the promised gift.
*If you did not receive the email, please check that you have entered your mailing address correctly and try filling out the form again.