Ispmanager 6 business documentation
Ispmanager is a control panel for web-server management. It can be installed on a virtual or dedicated server and can be used for providing shared hosting services.
With ispmanager you can perform the following tasks:
- Create and manage users/user templates. Set limits for users/user templates.
- Create and manage web-domains. Set PHP modes, install SSL certificates, quickly install popular CMS on your domain, set up SSL redirects.
- Manage DNS. Create domain zones and edit domain records.
- Manage mail: create mail domains and mailboxes. Configure redirects and aliases. Set up mail filters. Use DKIM and anti-spam tools.
- Manage databases. Create databases and database users. Set permissions for database users.
- Manage FTP users. Crete, activate, suspend FTP users. Specify a user home directory.
- Edit files through the control panel. Set permissions on files and directories.
- Set up the Firewall.
- Backup data
- Monitor resource usage statistics.
- Set up user permissions.
Differences between lite, pro, host and business
Ispmanager lite, pro, host versions differ in the maximum number of added WWW-domains (sites).
|Maximum number of WWW-domains (sites)
Ispmanager business can be used for providing shared hosting services. The panel ensures uninterrupted operation of your system and allows for flexible configuration of user permissions.
The following functions are available only in ispmanager business:
- Integration with CloudLinux .
- Management of multiple servers (nodes) from a single web interface.
- Allocation of users between cluster nodes.
- Setting different roles to cluster nodes (servers) — a web-server role, database server, mail server, primary and secondary name servers.
- Settings advanced limits for users/user templates.
Ispmanager can be installed on popular Unix-based systems. For more information about installation and supported operating systems, please refer to the article Installation guide.
Ispmanager is installed into the /usr/local/mgr5 directory.
Ispmanager business keeps the data in the sqlite database /usr/local/mgr5/etc/ispmgr.db.
The main configuration files are located in the /usr/local/mgr5/etc directory:
- ispmgr.conf — the main configuration file of the control panel. For ispmanager business there is an ispmgrnode.conf additional file, located on each cluster node.
Additional configuration files are located in the /usr/local/mgr5/etc/ispmgr.conf.d/directory
- db.conf — database connection information
- nginx.conf — paths to Nginx
- phpfpm.conf — paths for php-fpm
- dns.conf — DNS configuration
For more information about the directives refer to the article ispmanager configuration file.
The control panel logs are located in the /usr/local/mgr5/var directory.
Different modules of the control panel use different logs. The main logs are as follows:
- ispmgr.log — main log.
- backupctl-ispmgr.log — backup log.
- longtask.log — long tasks log.
- pkg.log — setup log.
- usermove.log — user import log.
When reaching 100 Mb, the logs are rotated and archived into the /usr/local/mgr5/var/logs/ directory.
You can add debug for any module of the control panel via the interface → Error log → Settings.
All the software applications are installed from repositories, so you get the version available in OS repository.
Repositories are connected during the installation of ispmanager. We strongly recommend that you do not connect any third-party repositories as this may lead to the incorrect installation of the software product.
In ispmanager business you cannot select software to use. All applications that the control panel requires, are installed automatically.
You can try ispmanager for free with a 14-day trial.
FAQ — frequently asked questions about ispmanager.