Alternate versions of PHP
ISPmanager supports multiple versions of PHP on a single server. This is convenient when you use several CMS with different PHP requirements on the same server by simplifying the OS configuration to get the website to work correctly.Run a demo
Requirements for PHP among popular CMS:
- Drupal 9: PHP 7.3 or newer
- Bitrix: PHP 7.2 or newer
- Joomla 3.9: PHP 5.3 or newer
- WordPress 5.8: PHP 7.4 or newer.
Install the free trial version of ISPmanagerTry free of charge
Multiple PHP versions on one server
Alternative versions of PHP in ISPmanager work in all PHP modes:
- Apache module (mod_php) - compatibility with .htaccess files. Features high performance - faster than the CG. Low security: errors in one user's script affect the whole server.
- FastCGI (Nginx + PHP-FPM) is the fastest mode and allows to optimize website performance. If you switch to this mode, you will need additional settings in ISPmanager and in the CMS you use.
- FastCGI (Apache prefork) is faster than CGI. FastCGI consumes less RAM resources. It is also more secure. Errors in one user's scripts do not affect the operation of other users' domains;
- CGI is the most secure, but the slowest mode. CGI is considered obsolete and is rarely used. Programs and scripts written in any programming languages (both compiled and scripting, including shell) can be used as CGI programs;
Read more about configuring PHP in the ISPsystem documentation section Installing and changing versions of PHP.
Being in Hosting Industry since 1996, we can definitely say that ISPmanager is the most easy-to-use and powerful control panel we have ever worked with. It is really beyond our expectations: easy and powerful at the same time! Our customers love it.
– Gerasimos Perentidis, CEO @ Easy.gr
Having talked to the team, it’s clear that ISPsystem has built their legacy overseas by letting customer demand drive their decision-making when it comes to updates. Having tested the technology, we believe ISPmanager merges premium-level features with affordable cost — a value offer that is sure to be positively received in the US.
– PJ Fancher, Senior Web Developer of HostingAdvice.com