Name server for a free domain name
To resolve a third-level domain name, BILLmanager creates an A record of the subdomain in the provider domain zone. You need to integrate BILLmanager with a software product that manages the provider zone. The system can be integrated with DNSmanager or ispmanager.
A domain zone where third-level subdomains will be created for customers must be delegated to the name servers located on the server managed by DNSmanager or ispmanager.
Connecting a name server
To integrate BILLmanager with a name server management panel, navigate to Integration → Name server.
Step 1. Select a control panel: DNSmanager 5, ispmanager.
Step 2. Enter the URL, login, and password to access the control panel.
- Provider — select a provider who can use the name server. This field is available only in BILLmanager Corporate.
- Name — enter any name for this integration.
- URL — enter the URL of the control panel. Make sure it is accessible from the server with BILLmanager.
- Username — enter the username of the account in the control panel with "User" role permissions (you cannot use "Reseller" or "Administrator" permissions). The domain zone for free third-level domains must belong to this user.
- Password — enter the user password.
- For free domain name — select the checkbox to allow creating a free domain name.
- Provider name server, Private name server — select the checkbox to use either provider or private name servers. These settings are not used for Shared hosting, and ispmanager doesn't support them.
A domain name for third-level domains should not be created on the server with ispmanager for shared hosting.