How to move ISPmanager from one server to another
You may need to move the panel and the license for ISPmanager from one server to another when upgrading your hardware or from ISPmanager Lite to ISPmanager Business.
To do so:
- Import user data from the old server to the new one.
- Assign the software license to the new server.
Step 1. Import user data
- Before you start the import process, you need to activate a separate license for the new server. Follow the installation guide Install and activate a trial license.
- Import your users to the new server. Learn more in User import.
If the Updates package for your lifetime license has expired
Install a trial panel of the latest version available for your updates package. The control panel won't be activated after import if the version of the trial license does not match the version of your commercial license.
To install a correct version of the control panel:
- Check the panel version that the Updates package allows you to install. You can find the version in Help → About program. Or execute the command:
rpm -qa | grep coremanager
dpkg -l | grep coremanager
2. Install the latest version available for your license. To do so, run install.sh with the parameter --release:
How to install version 5.200
-sh install.sh --release 5.200 <panel name>
Step 2. Assign the license to the new server
- After you have imported all the users to the new server, log in to the Client area where you ordered the license.
- Delete the trial license from the client area.
- Open the configuration form of the commercial license and specify the IP address of the new server.
- If you upgrade or change the product version (eg. from ISPmanager 4 to 5 or from Lite to Business) you also need to change the tariff plan in the Client area. For more information about how to do so, please contact your license provider.
- Update the license file. Go to Help → About program → click on Update license. Or run the command to update it manually:
/usr/local/mgr5/sbin/licctl fetch mgrNameWhere